Salman Mohamed al-Emadi astride Zorro Z won the Medium Tour class during the 11th round of Longines Hathab — Qatar Equestrian Tour supported by The Social & Contribution Fund, held alongside the Global Champions Tour.
At the Longines Arena at Al Shaqab on Friday, al-Emadi and his 19-year-old veteran gelding Zorro Z emerged as the fastest pair after galloping the course in 30.25 seconds round. Mohamed Khalifa AlBaker on riding Verona (30.85) finished second, while Kamil Sabitov astride Carmen (31.02) finished third.
Al-Emadi also combined with Hamad Ali al-Attiyah (Cantaro) and Mohamed Abdulla Juma (Lucratief) to lead Qatar Armed Forces to team title in the Medium Tour.
Team Limited Edition Cars, comprising, Mohamed Khalifa Albaker (Verona); Mohamed Saeed Haidan (Miss Chili) finished second, while Qatar Equestrian Federation took third spot with Rashid Towaim al-Marri (Lamm Addiction Z), Bandar Mansoor al-Hoban (Goliat) riding for them.
In the Small Tour, Abdulaziz Majid al-Ghanim emerged triumphant with Ferrari PH. The pair came home in 50.73 seconds to finish ahead of Mohamed al-Ghazali (Dino BB Z, 51.54) and Hamad Nasser al-Qadi (Hugo Z, 51.72).
Al-Rumaihi impressed with level of riders
Meanwhile, Ali bin Yousef al-Rumaihi, Director of Longines Hathab and Secretary General of the Qatar Equestrian Federation said he was pleased with the increase in the level and fitness of the riders.
“Hathab has raised the level of enthusiasm and competition among the riders. The riders are seeking to buy new horses of high quality. The competition between the riders is one of the positive aspect of Hathab and we hope they continue to improve,” said al-Rumaihi, himself a former international rider.
Regarding the dressage competition, he said: “The aim of holding it is to expand the base of participation in dressage and improve the basics of horse riding and to increase the ability of riders on their horses. Dressage is a very good sport and it contributes to raising the level of riders in various other competitions such as show jumping.”
Al-Rumaihi added: “The local championships are always aimed at refining young riders and preparing them for bigger challenges like the Asian Games 2030, which will be held in Qatar. In the past we did not have big options, but now we have more options as more riders and horses have emerged.”
Medium Tour | Table A, Special two phases, Art. 274.2.5 | 120/135 cm | Prize Money QR30,000
1. Salman Mohamed al-Emadi; Horse: Zorro Z, Time: 39.23 & 30.25; Prize money: QR7,500
2. Mohamed Khalifa Albaker; Verona; 39.20 & 30.85; QR6,000
3. Kamil Sabitov; Carmen; 38.48 & 31.02; 4,500
Medium Tour Team. Prize Money QR40.000
1. Qatar Armed Forces: Riders: Salman Mohamed al-Emadi (Zorro Z); Hamad Ali al-Attiyah (Cantaro); Mohamed Abdulla Juma (Lucratief) Total time: 62.92 secs
2. Limited Edition Cars. Riders: Mohamed Khalifa Albaker (Verona); Mohamed Saeed Haidan (Miss Chili). Total time: 62.05 secs
3. Qatar Equestrian Federation. Riders: Rashid Towaim al-Marri (Lamm Addiction Z), Bandar Mansoor al-Hoban (Goliat). Total time: 67.78 secs.
Small Tour | Table A, One round against the clock, FEI Art. 238.2.1 | 100/115 cm | Prize Money QAR 20,000
1. Abdulaziz Majid al-Ghanim; Horse: Ferrari P.H.; Time: 50.73 secs, Prize Money: QR5,000
2. Mohamed al-Ghazali; Dino BB Z; 51.54 secs; QR4,000
3. Hamad Nasser al-Qadi; Hugo Z; 51.72; QR3,000