Qatar Museums (QM) and the Public Works Authority (Ashghal) have launched an open call inviting the community of Qatar to submit images and videos to commemorate the 3rd anniversary of the blockade. On the night of June 5, 2020, chosen images and videos will be part of live installations across the country.
The façade of the National Museum of Qatar, and the arches at the 5/6 Interchange on the Lusail Expressway will light up with video and image submissions from the public.
The opportunity is open for all citizens and residents of Qatar who want to express their perspective on the blockade. Qatar Museums will also be accepting entries in the form of audio and text materials, which will become part of the National Museum of Qatar’s (NMoQ) growing digital archive.
To submit materials for the live installation and digital archive, participants must email their submission and full name to [email protected] It is recommended that large files be shared using a WeTransfer or Dropbox link.
Image and video based entries submitted before June 1, 2020 will be reviewed by QM curators, and a select number of entries will be part of the live installation. Participants selected to be part of the live installation on the arches of Interchange 5/6 will be notified via email. Entries submitted after June 1 will still be accepted and added to the NMoQ’s growing digital archive.
QM and Ashghal social media channels will have coverage of the projections on the National Museum of Qatar and on the arches of Interchange 5/6.
Scope of submissions:
• All submissions must be original works.
• It is recommended to include a short caption with submitted images and videos.
• Audio, image, text and video files can be submitted to be archived and be part of a digital exhibition. But only select image and video submissions will be displayed on the monument.
• Each person can submit as many images and videos to be displayed on the monument. There is also an unlimited amount of audio and text entries for the digital archive and exhibition.
• The opportunity is for anyone from and/or based in Qatar of any nationality and is open to all ages.
• Only entries submitted before June 1, 2020 will be selected to be displayed on the monument.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application to the following email address: [email protected]
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Indian boxer’s sportsgear gifted to Qatar Olympic and Sports Museum
Azerbaijan Corner inaugurated at Katara
Rise in cases not cause for alarm but battle against Covid not yet over: official
WISE positions education prominently at global forums
Qatar's top priority regional security, stability: FM
Al-Muraikhi receives copy of credentials of Yemen's envoy
Qatar's presence in Mexico's sports and, cultural activities 'enhances bilateral ties'
Community leaders praise Qatar's preparations for World Cup and hail it's growth
Indian boxer's sportsgear gifted to Qatar Olympic and Sports Museum