The Kuwaiti Ministry of Health announced that 112 people were infected by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the last 24 hours, bringing the total to 855.
The latest cases include a Kuwaiti citizen who has recently travelled to France, 105 others who were in contact with previously infected people, Health Ministry spokesman Dr. Abdullah Al Sanad said in press conference reported by the Kuwaiti news agency (KUNA).
Kuwaiti Health Minister Sheikh Basil Al Sabah had announced earlier Wednesday that there has been six new recoveries from the infection, bringing the total of recoveries to 111 cases.
The number of patients in intensive care reached 21, seven of those are in critical condition and 14 are stable. Those currently receiving treatment at hospitals reached 743 patients.
A total of 911 people were discharged from non-residential quarantines after having taken all preventive measures.
At an earlier time, Kuwait reported its first death of COVID-19, announcing that a 46-year-old Indian national died of the virus.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Iran bemoans indiscipline as virus cases crest again
Libya rivals ‘agree return to ceasefire dialogue’
Palestinian family mourns autistic son killed by police
Lebanese food aid drive underlines pain of nation’s economic collapse
Syrian artists in Idlib paint tribute to George Floyd
Lebanon says too early to claim victory over virus
Kuwait records 719 new coronavirus cases, 8 deaths
Hundreds attend funeral of Palestinian
Kuwait reports 851 new coronavirus cases, 7 deaths