Covid-19 cases rise to 3,577; death toll now 83
April 06 2020 01:06 AM
Medical staff hold placards as they stand outside a hospital to show solidarity with people who are affected by the coronavirus disease, and with doctors, nurses and other healthcare workers from all over the world, in Kolkata yesterday.

Agencies/New Delhi

The death toll in India due to the oronavirus pandemic rose to 83 yesterday, officials said.
The total cases also surged to 3,577, Health Ministry spokesman Lav Aggarwal said.
He also said 267 people have recovered from the deadly disease.
Mumbai reported 13 deaths yesterday, many of them women, taking Maharashtra’s toll to 45.
The number of positive cases in in the state increased by 113 with the total now being 748.
Eights deaths were reported from Mumbai, three from Pune, and one each from Aurangabad and Kalyan-Dombivali (Thane).
None of the 13 victims had any recent history of foreign travel, the health department said.
In Thiruvananthapuram, officials said three non-resident Keralites (NRKs), two men and one woman, died of Covid-19 in foreign countries yesterday.
Beena George, 54, a nurse from Kottayam, died in Ireland.
She was suffering from cancer and was admitted to a hospital in Ireland after she tested positive for the virus.
Shafan, 42, a driver from Malappurram, died in Saudi Arabia.
He was suffering from fever and had tested positive for coronavirus on Friday.
Hours before his death, he had sent an audio message to a friend in Kerala, in which he said he was not feeling good.
His wife, who also tested positive, has been isolated at their home there.
The third death was in New York.
Shaun George, 21, a student whose family is from Thiruvalla, tested positive last week and was in hospital since then.
In Tamil Nadu, two more patients died of coronavirus yesterday, taking the state’s toll to five.
The government said a 60-year-old man died at Chennai’s Stanley Hospital early yesterday morning.
He was admitted to the hospital on April 1.
A 71-year-old man from Ramanathapuram district who died on April 2 at the same hospital hours after he was admitted was also coronavirus positive, his test result have now confirmed.

There are no comments.

LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*