The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) has listed the ‘10 ways to make the most of your time at home’.
The advisory comes at a time when students as well as many office-goers are going about their tasks remotely, from home, as part of the State’s efforts to curb the spread of Covid-19.
The advisory was posted by the ministry on social media yesterday.
Following are the tips provided by the MoPH to help people make the most of the time spent at home:
* Spend quality time with your family: engage in activities that include all family members, such as exercising, cooking and playing games. Always remember to keep at least 1.5m distance between yourself and others.
* Contact your friends and extended family: use social media and online communication apps to video chat with friends and family.
* Invest your time in personal development and exploring new hobbies: take this time to explore online workshops, courses and new hobbies that interest you.
* Read: now that you have got more time to yourself, pick up a book and spend some time reading each day.
* Get creative with arts and crafts: draw, paint or create something, especially with children.
* Expand your cooking skills: we all love to eat tasty food, so make the most of your additional time at home and try some new healthy recipes.
* Get active: challenge yourself to do home workouts every day – there are lots of videos online that you can follow for ideas and guidance.
* Take care of your mental health: don’t forget to do things that you love to help you relax, such as yoga, meditation and breathing exercises.
* Listen to podcasts: the popularity of podcasts has soared in the last few years. There’s now a range of podcasts available on many topics.
* Rearrange your home: have you been thinking about rearranging your house for a while? Now is the time to get creative and make some changes to your home.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
QNL, friends enlighten children through Ramadan programmes
QRCS expands humanitarian mission in the last three years
Qatar marks World Environment Day
Penumbral lunar eclipse
Qatar keen to maintain unity of GCC, says FM
Amir's wise leadership helped Qatar overcome blockade: al-Mahmoud
Cypriot leader thanks Amir for Qatar's help
Power of music unites Qatar
Qatar Museums marks 3rd anniversary of siege with art installations, video projections