The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) has issued recommendations for cleaning and disinfection while under home quarantine.
The advisory explains how to clean and disinfect surfaces and bathrooms; how to clean and disinfect clothing, towels, linens and other items that go in the laundry; and how to clean and disinfect dishes, glasses and other food service items.
The advisory was posted by the MoPH on social media yesterday.
1. How to clean and disinfect surfaces and bathrooms:
* Hands must be washed using soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds before and after cleaning.
* Assign one person who is in good health without any risk conditions for cleaning and disinfection.
* Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily (for example tables, chairs, doorknobs, light switches, remotes, handles, desks, sinks, stair rails and bedframes).
* For disinfection, use diluted household bleach solution (one-part bleach to 99-parts water). For surfaces that do not tolerate bleach, 70% ethanol can be used.
* Clean and disinfect bathrooms and toilet surfaces at least once a day.
* Clean toilets with a separate set of cleaning equipment (disposable cleaning cloths, mops, etc).
* If a separate bathroom is not available, the shared bathroom should be cleaned and disinfected after each use by the person under home quarantine.
* Wear disposable gloves, mask and protective clothing (for example plastic aprons) when cleaning.
* Avoid contact with the eye and skin when handling cleaning products and keep them away from children.
2. How to clean and disinfect clothing, towels, linens and other items that go in the laundry:
* For soft surfaces such as carpeted floor, rugs and drapes, remove visible dirt if present and clean with appropriate products indicated for use on these surfaces.
* After cleaning, launder items properly using the warmest appropriate water setting for the items and dry them completely.
* Wear disposable gloves when handling dirty laundry and then discard after each use.
* Do not shake dirty laundry to minimise the possibility of dispersing the virus through the air.
* Clean clothes, bed cloths, bath and hand towels, etc, using regular laundry soap and water or machine wash at 60-90C with common laundry detergent and dry thoroughly.
3. How to clean and disinfect dishes, glasses and other food service items:
* The person under home quarantine should eat in his/her room, preferably using disposable food utensils and throw them immediately after use.
* Non-disposable food utensils used should be handled with gloves and washed with hot water and soap, or in a dishwasher.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Heart Hospital performs open heart surgery on Covid-19 patient
Ministry extends commercial, service activities' working hours
QRCS selected among Qatar’s top supportive organisations in Covid-19 crisis
UK doctors to trial ibuprofen in Covid-19 patients with breathing difficulties
Qatar Airways to resume services to Venice, Italy from July 15
Qatar condemns mosque bombing in Kabul
Cabinet allows more people in vehicles; revises private sector working hours
2 deaths, 1,901 new cases of coronavirus in Qatar; 1,506 recoveries
Qatar to witness lunar and solar eclipse in June