Turkish prosecutors have charged 20 suspects over the 2018 murder of Riyadh critic Jamal Khashoggi.
Khashoggi, 59, a commentator who wrote for The Washington Post, was killed after he entered the Saudi consulate on October 2, 2018, to obtain paperwork for his wedding to Turkish fiancee Hatice Cengiz.
The Saudi insider-turned-critic was strangled and his body cut into pieces by a 15-man Saudi squad inside the consulate, according to Turkish officials.
His remains have never been found despite repeated calls by Turkish officials for the Saudis to cooperate.
- 'Monstrous killing' -
Turkey carried out its own investigation after being unhappy with Saudi Arabia's explanations.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has vowed Ankara will not give up the case.
"This happened in my country, how am I not going to follow up on that? Of course I'm going to follow up. This is our responsibility," Erdogan told Fox News last year.
The prosecutor have already issued arrest warrants for the suspects, who are not in Turkey.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Kuwait on behalf of Arab states calls for permanent seat in Security Council
Kuwait Amir appoints HH Sheikh Sabah Khaled Al-Hamad Al-Sabah as Prime Minister
Turkey says it seeks survivors after pirate attack off Nigeria
Pandemic forces children into labour market
Tunisians protest against mass arrests in nighttime clashes
Tunisia seeks to stem wave of night-time street riots
Iran commandos start drills near mouth of Gulf
Tunisia arrests over 600, deploys troops after riots
Kuwait's Amir accepts resignation of cabinet