By Sports Reporter/Doha
Kyrgyzstan’s Kamil Sabitov spoiled the home party as he won the Big Tour title at the HH The Amir Sword Equestrian championship yesterday. At the Qatar Equestrian Federation’s outdoor arena, Sabitov and his veteran 14-year-old grey gelding Quintendro cruised to victory with ease.
The pair stormed to the finish line in just 71.69 seconds to top the 145cm class. Sabitov’s victory, which earned him QR11,000, meant two Qatari riders has to settle for second and third spot. Mohamed Sultan al-Suwaidi came second with eight-year-old bay Happy Feet after they took 76.50 secs to complete their round. The experienced Hamad Nasser al-Qadi finished third with his trusted veteran bay SIEC Lonnie in 80.66 secs, The marquee event of the championship will be held today, with the winner walking home with the prestigious Amir Sword and also a luxury Lexus car.
Earlier, the Medium Tour title was won by Ghanim Nasser al-Qadi astride 12-year-old Dilandra. The pair were in their league of won as they scorched the 135cm class in just 64.08 seconds. The rest of the field had a hard time catching up with al-Qadi and Dilandra, with the runner-up combination of Mohamed Saeed Haidan and Quick Step finishing well behind in 72.66 secs. Shiekh Abdulla Bin Nasser al-Thani was a further three second behind for a third place with Dollar Van de Zuuthoeve.
Meanwhile, Ali Mohamed al-Maari took the Small Tour class with Fernhill Friendly Touch in a time of 57.96 secs. It was comfortable win for the pair as Mohamed Jabor al-Naimi and Born to Joy took 63.61secs finish in second place. Saeed Hamad Jumaa was third with Jalieny Diamnat Z in 65.29 secs.
In the Dressage competitions, the level 1 title was bagged by Maryam Ahmed Alsemaitt with Rhythm. Michelle Grimes was second with Special Edition, followed by seasoned Jessica Waldon in Lusso del Castegno Aldon.
The Dressage Level 2 was won by Faris Saad al-Qahtani with Lauries. The duo secured 70.652 points to finish ahead of Iris Nijober and Rose Alsulaimi. The final podium place in the event went to Abdulaziz Ali al-Qahtani and Levante RH II.
Big Tour | Table A, One round against the clock, Art. 238.2.1 | 135/145cm
1. Kamil Sabitov. Horse: Quintendro, Time: 71.69 seconds. Prize money: QR11,000
2. Mohamed Sultan al-Suwaidi. Happy Feet, 76.50 secs. QR8,000
3. Hamad Nasser al-Qadi. S I E C Lonnie. 80.66 secs. QR6,000
Medium Tour | Table A, One round against the clock, Art. 238.2.1 | 120/135cm | Prize Money QR30,000
1. Ghanim Nasser al-Qadi. Horse: Dilandra. Time:64.08 secs, Prize money: QR7,500
2. Mohamed Saeed Haidan. Quick Step. 72.66 secs. QR6,000
3. Shiekh Abdulla Bin Nasser al-Thani. Dollar Van de Zuuthoeve. 75.27 secs. QR4,500
Small Tour Table A, One round against the clock, Art. 238.2.1 | 100/120 cm
1. Ali Mohamed al-Maari. Horse: Fernhill Friendly Touch. Time:57.96 secs. Prize money: QR5,000
2. Mohamed Jabor al-Naimi. Born to Joy, 63.61secs. QR4,000
3. Saeed Hamad Jumaa. Jalieny Diamnat Z.65.29secs.QR3,000
Dressage Level 1, Elementary | Prize Money QR20,000
1. Maryam Ahmed Alsemaitt. Horse: Rhythm. Points: 71.875. Prize money: QR5,500
2. Michelle Grimes. Special Edition 19. 71.375. QR4,500
3. Jessica Waldon. Lusso del Castegno Aldon. 68.125. QR3,500
Dressage Level 2, Prelim | Prize Money QR10,000
1. Faris Saad al-Qahtani. Horse: Lauries. Points: 70.652 secs.QR3,300
2. Iris Nijober. Rose Alsulaimi. 69.783. QR2,650
3. Abdulaziz Ali al-Qahtani, Levante RH II, 69.130, QR1,800
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Brahimi keeps Rayyan in title contention
England collapse after Masood century puts Pakistan on top
‘No contact’ from Man United over Sancho, say Dortmund
Guardiola says Man City are ‘ready’ for Real Madrid test
Sevilla and Leverkusen enter quarters
Hathab Qatar Equestrian Tour to resume today at QEF
Lightning, Avalanche move one win from top seedings
Lakers thumped by Thunder, Raptors and Celtics win
Why LeSean McCoy wanted to join the Bucs