A bomb attack in a market killed seven Yemeni civilians including a photographer for a television channel in the government-controlled town of Mokha, medics and military sources said Tuesday.
At least 20 people were wounded in the overnight blast in the Red Sea town, where pro-government forces backed by a Saudi-led coalition battling the Houthi rebels are based.
The improvised explosive device was planted on a motorcycle parked in the middle of the market, an official in the pro-government forces told AFP.
Seven people were killed, the official and a hospital source said.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack, but Saba blamed it on the Iran-aligned Houthis.
The city of Mokha has enjoyed relative calm since coalition-backed government forces seized it from the rebels in July 2017.
Yemen's war escalated in March 2015, when President Abedrabbo Mansour Hadi fled to Saudi Arabia and the coalition intervened.
Since then, the conflict has killed nearly 10,000 people and unleashed the world's worst humanitarian crisis, according to the UN.
UN aid officials say 80 percent of the population -- 24 million people -- are in need of aid and nearly 10 million are just one step away from famine.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Palestinian property vandalised in suspected ‘price tag’ attack
Virus-hit Iran slaps curbs on travel, pilgrimage visits
Erdogan rules out 'smallest step back' in Syria's Idlib
39 ISIS militants killed in security operation in northern Iraq
Iraqis catch coronavirus amid fear of spillover
Regime bombing kills 19 in Syria: monitor
Egypt's ex-president Hosni Mubarak dead at 91
Regime bombing kills 19 civilians in Syria
Four more Mideast nations report coronavirus cases