At least eight people were electrocuted and one injured while repairing the electrical wiring of a shop in a northern district of Bangladesh, a police official said.
Md Abu Daud of Sirajganj Sadar Police Station said the incident took place around 12:30 pm (0630GMT), when nine people came in contact with a live wire while shifting a makeshift shop, leaving them severely injured.
They were taken to district Sadar Hospital, where the doctor declared eight of them dead, said Dr Faridul Islam, a resident medical officer of the hospital.
The injured was admitted to the hospital, he added.
According to the Bangladesh Health Injury Survey 2016, hundreds of people die of electrocution in Bangladesh, especially in the rainy season.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
2 arrested in Bangladesh for criticising new bridge
Thousands of Rohingya in Bangladesh rally to ‘go home’
Thousands of Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh rally to 'go home'
25 dead, four million stranded in Bangladesh floods
'Gone in front of my eyes': Bangladesh firefighter's unit decimated by blast
Bangladesh depot accused over blast that killed at least 49
Ash covers towns after Philippines volcano erupts
Bangladesh port depot fire kills 49, injures more than 300
Bangladesh port depot fire kills 49, injures 300