Indonesian man jailed 11 years for suicide bomb plot
September 20 2017 01:57 PM
Muhammad Nur Solihin leaves the court room after his sentencing hearing at East Jakarta District Cou
Muhammad Nur Solihin leaves the court room after his sentencing hearing at East Jakarta District Court in Jakarta.

dpa/Jakarta

An Indonesian court on Wednesday sentenced an Islamic militant to 11 years in prison for a failed plot to attack the presidential palace in December.

Muhammad Nur Solihin was found guilty of a criminal conspiracy to bomb a public guard-change ceremony at the palace in Jakarta, said his defence lawyer, Kamsi.
"He accepted the sentence and will not appeal," said Kamsi, who goes by one name.
Solihin recruited his wife, 28-year-old Dian Yulia Novi, to become a suicide bomber. She was sentenced to seven-and-a-half years in prison last month for her role.
Counter-terrorism police arrested Solihin, Novi and an accomplice in December and found explosives in their rented room.
Police said the plot was hatched by local followers of the Islamic State extremist group, led by wanted militant Bachrum Naim.
Indonesia, the world's largest Muslim majority country, has suffered several deadly attacks attributed to Islamist militants in recent years.



There are no comments.

LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
MORE NEWS
Expats on blockade… date6/5/2020 1:30:37 AM

HAPPENING IN DOHAMore