Three Qatari soldiers have been killed in Yemen, an army statement said, the country's biggest losses since it sent troops to join a Saudi-led coalition fighting Shia rebels and jihadists.
The statement published by the official QNA news agency gave no details of how the three soldiers were killed saying only that they had been "martyred on Monday".
The losses are the first in Yemen to be announced by the Qatari army since November last year when one soldier was killed in action.
Qatar deployed ground troops to Yemen in September last year as the coalition stepped up its intervention in support of beleaguered President Abedrabbo Mansour Hadi.
An air campaign began in March last year.
The intervention initially targeted Shia rebels and their allies but since March this year has also targeted Al-Qaeda, which had exploited the conflict to seize several major towns.
The UN says that more than 6,500 people, most of them civilians, have been killed in Yemen since the intervention began.