Shells slammed into a densely-populated district of Tripoli overnight, piling misery on civilians from a two-week assault by commander Khalifa Haftar's forces to take Libya's capital from an internationally-backed government.
The United Nations on Sunday warned warring factions in Libya against attacking civilian areas, more than a week after a warlord started a major offensive to capture the capital Tripoli ...
Fighting in Tripoli has killed 121 people and wounded 561 since commander Khalifa Haftar launched an offensive earlier this month to take the Libyan capital, the World Health Organization said Sunday.
Health facilities near Tripoli have reported 47 people killed and 181 wounded in recent days as eastern forces seek to take Libya's capital from an internationally-recognised government, the United Nations' health body said on Tuesday.
Eastern Libyan forces carried out air strikes on the southern part of Tripoli on Sunday and made progress towards the city centre, residents said, escalating an operation to take the capital ...
Forces loyal to Libyan strongman Khalifa Haftar said Saturday they had been targeted by an air strike, as fresh fighting flared south of Tripoli.
Gunfire and explosions rocked Libya's foreign ministry on Tuesday as attackers stormed the building in the capital Tripoli, killing at least one person, witnesses and a security source said.
Libya's internationally recognised government Wednesday announced a new ceasefire deal to end a month of fighting between rival militias south of Tripoli that has left more than 100 dead.
An oil company official, who asked not to be named, said masked gunmen had exchanged fire with guards and attacked the firm's headquarters.
The United Nations has brokered a ceasefire between groups that had been fighting for more than a week in the chaos-ridden oil producer's capital.