By Sports Reporter/Doha
Awad al-Qahtani stayed in contention in the battle for the Big Tour’s top three spots in the National Equestrian Tour as he returned to claim the top place of the class in Hathab 8 competition at the Qatar Equestrian Federation arena yesterday.
Al-Qahtani, who had earlier been winning but lost out in past two competitions, rode his trusted great stallion Cassander Van Het Bremhof flawlessly to win the Table A, Competition with winning round, Art. 222.214.171.124.3 (130/140cm) event. Besides the podium finish, al-Qahtani’s effort also won him QR7,500.
Meanwhile, Mubarak Yousuf al-Rumaihi, who won the Medium Tour on the opening day, continued his fine form to claim the top prize in the Open Class Table A, One round against the clock, Art. 238.2.1 (115/125cm) event.
The dressage Level 1 was won by Saeed Hamad al-Rashidi, who combined with Graffiti de Lully CH to put up an impressive show.
The 9th leg of the Hathab Tour will be held on March 16th and 17th. The national series Hathab comprises a total of twelve legs with the best seven results forming the basis for the eventual winners.
It was launched last year by Al Shaqab and the Qatar Equestrian Federation under the guidance of Qatar Olumpic Committee president His Excellency Sheikh Joaan bin Hamad al-Thani.
Big Tour: Table A, Competition with winning round, Art. 2126.96.36.199.3 (130/140cm) Prize-money: QR30,000
1. Awad al-Qahtani (Cassander Van Het Bremhof); Faults 0; 62.93 & 47.76secs; Prize: QR7,500
2. Nasser al-Ghazali (Quel Homme); Faults 0; 65.34 & 48.23 secs; QR6,000
3. Salmeen Sultan al-Suwaidi (Cantaro 32); Faults 4; 64.49 & 45.52secs; QR 4,500
Open Class: Table A, One round against the clock, Art. 238.2.1 (115/125cm) Prize-money: QR15,000
1. Mubarak Yousuf al-Rumaihi (SIEC Cosmos Winjgaardhoeve Z); Faults 0; 52.45secs; Prize: QR3,750
2. Mohammed Nasser al-Qadi (Vlacido); Faults 0; 55.16secs; Prize: QR3,000
3. Mohammed Said Haidan (Apple Bee); Faults 0; 55.57secs; Prize: QR2,250
Dressage: Level 1 - Test B, Prize-money: QR10,000
1. Saeed Hamad al-Rashidi (Graffiti De Lully CH); Score: 70.600; Prize: QR2,900
2. Amna Ahmad al-Saffar (Rhythm); 67.600; QR2,300
3. Ali Mohammed al-Marri (Circus); 65.800; QR1,800
Dressage: Level 2 – Test B, Prize-money: QR5,000
1. Saoud Ahmed al-Boinin (Champion’s Prince); 69.167; QR1,375
2. Mia Kardos (Toberlina T); 67.083; QR1,000
3. Saad Ahmed al Sadd (Fito R); 66.667; QR750
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
USA 1950 World Cup hero Bahr dead at 91
Captain fantastic Kane to the rescue as England beat Tunisia at the last
Croatia’s Kalinic sent home after refusing substitute role
Lewandowski v Mane as Poland brace for Senegal test
Japan quake adds to team’s worries ahead of Colombia opener
Colombia fret over James as embattled Japan await
North, South Korea agree to joint teams for Asian Games
Sri Lanka press for series leveller
Koepka makes history, fends off Fleetwood to retain title