Saudi Arabia's air defence forces intercepted at least three ballistic missiles fired at Saudi cities by Yemen's Houthis, who claimed to have targeted the defence ministry in Riyadh and a Saudi Aramco distribution facility in Najran on Wednesday.
Aramco said its facilities in Jizan, in southwestern Saudi Arabia, were "intact" and operating normally, after pictures were posted on social media of a fire sparked by a missile attack.
The State of Qatar, represented by Qatar Fund for Development (QFFD) pledged $20 mn in financial support to alleviate the humanitarian suffering of the brotherly Yemeni people.
The statement described the attack as "one of the deadliest attacks on children since the conflict in Yemen escalated in March 2015".
Witnesses said a burning shrapnel pierced through the low-slung building in Riyadh's Um Al-Hammam district, killing Ahmed, a 38-year-old father of two, just before midnight.
A Saudi-led military coalition intervened in Yemen on March 26, 2015 to try to restore the government of President Abedrabbo Mansour Hadi.
It was the second attack of its kind targeting security forces in the city, where UAE forces from the Saudi-led coalition that has been operating in Yemen since 2015 hold sway.
The Saudi-led coalition is the only force known to carry out air strikes on Houthi rebel-held territory and has previously admitted to "erroneous" strikes that caused civilian casualties.